Thursday, May 19, 2011

scrappy thursday and some exciting news!

Hello everyone! I have tons of scrappiness to share, but first I want to share some exciting news! I am now on the creative team for Ormolu. I can't tell you how excited I am about this!!! Kaitlin seems so super nice and she has some fantastic designs that I am really excited playing with:) I am also really stoked to work with the other girls on the team. A lot of them are designers I greatly admire...this is gonna be fun!
***
In other scrapbooking-related news, My Scrapbook Nook is running a *really* awesome special right now. You just commit to 6 months, and you will get the May kit free. Pretty cool, right? HERE is a bit more info...If you are wondering what will be in June's kit, it will feature Lily Bee Picket Fence.
If you do sign up, let me know so I can get a $5 credit, hee hee..no pressure;)
***
okay, now onto projects. You know there was a big virtual crop last weekend at the nook and I has sooooo much fun creating and participating in the challenges! Here is what I created:
This was for a challenge to use die cuts, so I pulled out LOTS of yummy Jillbean Soup die cuts/journaling sprouts for this one...

*REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION
This card was made in response to an inspiration photo that was posted. I used the March My Scrapbook Nook kit for this:)
This was for a shaped card challenge. I traced one of the kiddie plastic bowls;) I used the April My Scrapbook Nook kit for this!
*REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION*


This was for a challenge to pick a shape and run with it...can you tell which shape I chose, ha! This was one of my favorite things I produced over the weekend. I am pretty obsessed with the Crate toy box line...Shel, YOU need this. I can totally see you using it for Matt pages.
*REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION*


This challenge was to use at least 5 brads and use a non-human photo, lol. I like this page a lot, maybe because I used the May MSN kit?
*REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION*


I also used the May MSN kit for this one...this challenge was to use white/negative space. I think I am finally on board with the mist thing...I had lots of fun adding little sprays to my layouts.
*REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION*


This card was for a challenge to use cream/white as a neutral, one color in different shades, and one color in little bits for pop. This is one of my favorite cards as of late:)
This was for a layout to layer at least 5 layers of patterned paper. If you know me, I am not that big of a layerer, but I think I stayed pretty true to my style here. Oh, and I finally cracked into my Echo Park Summer Days pack, exciting;) 
p.s. Shel, this is a 12x12 page;)
p.p.s. check out today's echo park blog post to see this layout there too;)
Another page using the May My Scrapbook Nook kit, and this was a sketch challenge.
*REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION*


I also used the May kit for this page. This challenge was to create a page in less than 45 minutes. Being the dork that I am, I timed myself and ended up with 38 minutes and 12 seconds;) This was the first page I misted on for the crop and I think I did too much, but I learned from this and tried not to go too crazy on the other pages. Doesn't A look teeny here? It was about 2 years ago when these pictures were taken.
I made this page for a challenge to use silly or non-traditional pictures. Yeah, I am obsessed with baker's twine...SO? ;)
This was for a challenge to use dots and stripes. I love this picture of K-man. Is he *really* going to be 2 in a week? Still working on freezing time;)
*REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION*


This was another one of my favorite projects I did over the weekend. We had a picture of a quote that we had to be inspired by, and this is what I came up with. I really really like this quote with the picture:) I used the April kit from My Scrapbook Nook for this.
And Candi-I finally used my glittery KI words-go me!!
For this challenge, we had to be inspired by the Into the Wild movie poster. I also used the yummy April kit for this one;)
This was a challenge to lift one of the member's pages that was chosen...I again used the April kit;)
I created this page earlier in the week last week, but it was for my blog post on Amy Mattes Designs, featuring the Happy Digital Clip Art.
This was for a card challenge on the Nook to create a card with a bicycle on it:)
Phew...are you with still, ha ha??!!
Tomorrow I will be playing catch up with a big ole photo friday post:)

7 comments:

LG said...

all your entries to the crop is jawdroppingly gorgeous pam. I adore your style

Unknown said...

There was a few pages that I had not seen in MSN gallery, they are all fabulous !

Lilith Eeckels said...

LOVE all your layouts and congrats for making the team. LOVE their products.

SnapScrapRepeat said...

That's the BOMB! Congrats on the new DT!! Wowweee! Super awesome. I've really got to spend sometime in the gallery drooling over all your new work (and take down some scrappy tips)! Love love that quote page with your loopy KI words, too!

Sherri said...

What fabulous eye candy Pam. You knocked out those challenges like a wild woman :) Congrats on the DT position too.The shop is full of fun looking embellishments.

justem said...

Congrats! :) So excited to be working with you! Your layouts are gorgeous!!! I'm so impressed with your productivity...I usually get like two layouts done on weekends like that!!

Deanna said...

Girl, I SO love your work! It totally inspires me! :)