- As I said, he will not sit still. This becomes a maaaaaaaaaaaaaajor challenge during diaper changes. He is a busy busy boy...
- He claps. Sometimes, he will clap when I just say "Yay!"
- He calls Aislynn "na-na" (pronounced naw-naw). It is really really really cute and I love that he just made it up:)
- He has 7 teeth.
- He cruises...along the sofa, bathtub, entertainment stand, bookshelf, even the wall. Pretty much anything he can pull up on, he walks along holding on to it.
- Likes to chew on things (gotta watch the poor book spines!!!), but he checks things out for longer periods of time before they go in the mouth.
- Babbles, screams, screeches...just likes making noise in general:)
- Likes to bang 2 things together or bang a toy on the floor or wall.
- Is really liking the cause-and-effect game of throwing something on the ground and having someone get it back for him. Then repeat. Aislynn usually plays longer then Shaun or I will:)
- is still SUCH a happy guy...he has lots of smiles to hand out:) Hard to believe in 2 months he will be ONE YEAR-eek!!
Monday, March 29, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Monday, March 15, 2010
- In a 4-6 qt crock pot, combine chicken, carrots, onion, water, butter, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Mix well.
- Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 20 minutes before serving, remove and discard bay leaf and stir gravy mix into crock pot.
- Blend together buttermilk and flour until smooth. Stir into crock pot.
- Add frozen peas, increase heat to high and cook until peas are done.
*Tangy BBQ Chicken* 1 1/2 cups of your favorite bbq sauce 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing 1/4 cup brown sugar 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 1.5-2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast (we have used pork tenderloin too and it was yummy!)
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Mix all of the other ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Usually 1-2 hours before we plan to eat, I use 2 forks and shred up the chicken.
This is sooooooo yummy...better than any bbq around here! We have eaten it on salads, sandwiches, or tacos and it is really good! It freezes well too!
*Lasagna* We love this because it is so easy!! My Mom gave me the recipe:)
2 jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce 2 eggs 32 oz ricotta cheese 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese 1 lb. ground beef 12 lasagna noodles (no need to cook them!)
- Brown ground beef. Add sauce to ground beef.
- Mix 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, eggs, and ricotta in a large bowl.
- Cover the bottom of a lasagna dish (I use a 13x9 inch dish) with sauce mixture.
- Put 4 noodles on top, then add more of the sauce mixture.
- Add half of the cheese mixture, then 4 more noodles.
- Add more of the sauce, the rest of the cheese mixture, then 4 more noodles. Then add the rest of the sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover, sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese on top and bake for 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
This freezes well too:)
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
- loves reading. When we are out and about, she reads everything she can from what she sees out the car window, in stores, restaurants, etc.
- her favorite shows are Angelina Ballerina, Curious George, and Olivia.
- LOVES to color...like all the time. She is getting so good at staying in the lines too! I love when she draws her own pictures, especially of the family:)
- loves ballet and dancing in general. When there's music, there is dancing.
- her favorite foods are pizza, cheeseburgers, strawberries, watermelon, and oatmeal.
- her favorite color is red.
- her favorite movie is currently The Princess and the Frog (although this changes weekly!)
- is one strong willed little (I guess I should say big since that is what she insists on!) girl. She def. knows what she wants and is pretty good at getting it...most of the time:)
- is an awesome big sister. She really adores and loves Kieran and loves making him smile and laugh. It's a bonus if what she is doing to make him laugh irritates Shaun or I:) She always says, but Kieran likes it!!
We love her so much!!!!
In other notes...we have all been battling some yucky colds the past week. I think we are finally getting over it...Yay! Also, Aislynn went to her 6 week follow up appt. from getting her cast off and everything looks great!!!! The doctor said you wouldn't even know she broke it except for the scar! So glad that is behind us now:)
We have been enjoying some wonderful warms temps lately and now that we are feeling better, I hope we can enjoy them this weekend!!