Monday, November 16, 2009

Lately...

Our house has been a mess. Not dirty really, but lots of clutter...everywhere. This is only a sample of the downstairs;) In my last post I said I was feeling better, but I started to feel worse...just a sore throat and cold symptoms. I am feeling much better now though, and as a result, a lot of the below clutter is gone:Since Kieran was born, I have been sorta struggling and putting pressure on myself to "keep up" and have the laundry, dishes, household chores done. I have finally come to the conclusion that it doesn't have to be and spending more time with my family is MUCH more important then having a perfectly spic and span house.
Look at this picture. This pretty much sums up the last week-Aislynn acting crazy. Seriously she was driving me nuts acting naughty. I know she is doing stuff to get our attention. She is jealous of Kieran. When I am doing anything with him, she can't stand it, will act out because her doing something naughty will get my attention super fast. So Saturday Shaun watched Kieran and I took her on a date:) I let her pick where we went and she wanted to go to Smoothie King and Movie Gallery, lol. Then we went and took a long walk on the beach. I purposely did not bring my camera because I wanted it to be about spending time with her. On the beach we frolicked like My Little Ponies and examined each foot/paw print like detectives. At one point, she was skipping ahead of me and I tried not to start crying. I can't really explain it, but it just made me happy to see her having so much fun and not having to compete for my attention. Then it also made me sad that she feels deprived of attention. So I need to change some things. I need to get sleep. I know I have not been getting enough sleep and my patience level is basically nonexistent when I don't get enough sleep. We need to go on dates with Aislynn. We decided that once a week, one of us will take her out, just her. I also need to be consistent with her. Sometimes I threaten a punishment and then totally don't follow through, losing credibility-big parenting no no. Anyways, since our date on Saturday, she has been very well behaved:) Another thing...some things are up in the air, which is frustrating, BUT I feel good. Shaun and I have been doing a lot of talking about what sort of future we want for us and our kids, where we want to live, what sort of life style we want to live, etc. So some changes will be coming soon, just not sure when or what exactly. I just know that I am glad we are on the same page, and that no matter what happens, if we stay a team, we will be good:) So, kind of a heavy post? LOL. Sorry no more pictures to share. It seems like for the past few years, February and November are the months I always take the least amount of photos. Weird. Looks like I am on track for that this year too. So Jakki, maybe I will *try* to do your picture a day this week too:)

4 comments:

Brynne said...

I'm glad A enjoyed the date. I wish I could see her more, she makes me smile. I love that pic of A and K, she is such a goof and he has a look like what is she doing to me. Ha!

SnapScrapRepeat said...

one breath at a time, right? It never seems to get to that point where all is caught up and on track, but finding that day where you can stay one step behind long enough to see what is front of you makes all the difference - glad you were able to do that with your adventure with Aislynn. Hold tight, stay strong - two beautiful kids and one great future to look forward to!

Mrs. Weddle said...

i think we're both goinf through the same exact thing at the same time. dont worry to much, as a big sister of a little brother (who is 3 years yonger too) i dont remeber all the tormenting i did to my parents so i dont think K and A will either :)

and i've found that school time with k while l is asleep works wonders with out alot of work, she has me for about an hour all to her self working on stuff that babies cant do. she reminds me all the time too. but we're working on reading and phonics so its big kid school stuff. oh and we have alot oh kailee dates or short trips too .. its amazing what going to get milk with just her does

Shel said...

What a wonderful idea with A! Glad you had some great mommy-daughter time!