Thursday, August 20, 2009

12 weeks...and catching up:)

It's been a week since I last posted, so let me try to catch up on what we have been up to since then:) My Mom and James came this weekend, so Friday night Shaun and I met my sister and her boyfriend for a bottle of wine.Saturday was supposed to be rainy, so we went to see a movie, Ponyo. I saw it was rated G and got really good reviews, so we decided to go for it. It was a japanimation film, so it was a little strange (the animation was), but it was a sweet story! Afterwards, it was a little cloudy, but we let Aislynn play in the fountains. Here are Kieran and me:Aunt Brynne and Kieran:It started pouring down raining and while we were waiting for the car, it was really windy and it was making us cold. Then we all went and ate at Cracker Barrel, where it was cold (more on this later...).
Sunday was Tropical Storm Claudette, which appeared out of nowhere, but it was pretty lame. It rained while we were sleeping, so no big deal. The bottom picture is from Monday...I was feeding Kieran and Aislynn was coloring and I heard her spelling her name. Then she brought me this...she can write her name! I am so proud of her!!!! So on Sunday and Monday, Aislynn had a drippy nose and was congested. Tuesday, she was acting off and she was crying and telling me something was wrong. When I asked her what, she just kept rubbing her throat. I felt her and she felt warm, so we took her temperature and she had a fever. We took her in to a clinic b/c her pediatrician's office was busy and she had tonsillitis and one of her ears was inflamed. Motrin and amoxicillan had her feeling better pretty quick, but she is doing much much better now.
I took these pictures below on Monday, I think. Sweet sleepy boy! For you girls with the 50mm lens, I took these with that. I had my camera in A mode, ISO at 400 and the White Balance set to the lamp-not fluorescent lighting, but the other one. I am pretty happy with them..no flash-woo hoo! I love this bottom one. It reminds me of Shaun...those long legs and big feet and long fingers...his face...he just looks like Shaun so much here to me:) My old step-sister, Jessica, who I haven't seen in 6 years found me on Facebook. She lives in the next town over from me, so Brynne and I met up with her yesterday for dinner. I cannot believe how grown up she is, she is 19 now. She is gorgeous and such a sweetheart!! It is so strange that my step-dad, step-brother, and step-sister were in our lives for 10 years and then gone. I am so glad to have reconnected with her:) I am looking for the last picture of us, but I think it's in my boxes of pictures which are in the "black hole" closet... Another sleeping picture:) I love how he has his arms... So this brings me to today. Kieran is 12 weeks now and the new things he has started doing this week are kicking and standing:) He kicks like crazy!!! He always kicks his feet when he is laying flat on his back, it is so funny because he is usually grinning like crazy when he does it!!
He also loves to stand...of course we are supporting him, but he loves to use his little legs to push and stand in our laps, or even if I put my palms to his feet, he loves to push back with his feet. He thinks this is hilarious:)
I love how he is holding his hands here:)
And I had to share this one:) I feel like it is too early, but I think he is teething. He has been drooling a lot the past couple weeks and he always wants his fist in his mouth to gnaw on. I put my knuckle in his mouth when he was fussing and he gummed that for awhile, and today when I was nursing him, he tried to gum my nipple (Ouch!). Do you think it's too early? I know kids are different, but Aislynn didn't get her first tooth until she was 7 months.
Well, that is the update around here! Hope everyone is doing well:)

4 comments:

Brynne said...

Hi! I had fun the other night with you & Jessica, that was such a good idea. Aislynn was very well behaved too. I love the pics and his sweet little smile so much

SnapScrapRepeat said...

What a nice week! I love all of these laid back relaxed moments...and K is really shining that beautiful personality in all of these great snaps! Glad that A is over her bout of sickness and you had some fun adventures this week. Your family always makes me smile - AND miss those good old baby days where they learned something new all the time! Bask in it all - it goes SO fast!

rcprncss said...

Oh my goodness! What a post and I enjoyed every bit of it! Your little guy is just cuter and cuter! I want to cuddle him! Love his smiles and poses! I enjoy your blog and watching Kieren grown! (Just like Aislynn) :)

Shel said...

You have the cutest little family ever...and I mean "little." Kieran is such a tiny, little guy. I guess when I compare him to my super huge hunk of baby (who is in the 95th percentile for height and weight), he just looks so petite! And you are looking mighty small there, too, my friend!! Lookin' good!

Hope A is back to herself soon! Get well, darling!